Bude CATS’ Youth Hub
CURRENT NEWS –
Friday Night Splash the way forward for 2016
05.01.16 – Bude CATS are currently focusing their attention and efforts on their annual CATS Awards Evenings, Interventions and their popular Friday Night Splash sessions. The Friday Night Splash sessions are being supported by a small but dedicated team of young volunteers as the Bude CATS’ Youth Hub is no longer active.
For more information about Bude CATS or Friday Night Splash, please take a look at the appropriate pages / tabs on this website or contact Karen on 01288 488086 or via Karen@communityactionthroughsport.org
Friday Night Splash RETURNS 27.02.15
Bude CATS’ Youth Hub have confirmed that the popular Friday Night Splash sessions will be back up and running at Splash Leisure Pool in Bude from FRIDAY 27th FEBRUARY 2015.
Sessions will run from 7pm until 9:15pm on Fridays during TERM TIME and are open to those in Year 7 and up. ALTHOUGH during this term, Year 6s will also be invited to come along and give Friday Night Splash a try
Sessions cost £1.50
Changes to Friday Night Splash
Splash Leisure Pool – Bude have announced that the pool will be CLOSED to the public from 26th January for 3 weeks. This will obviously have implications for the Bude CATS’ Friday Night Splash sessions planned during this time.
During this period, sessions WILL still take place BUT they will be held at Bude New Life Centre and NOT the Splash Pool.
Young people will NOT be swimming but lots of fun activities WILL be on offer as will some training so please DO still attend.
Contact Annie or one of the Bude CATS’ Youth Hub committee members for further information
Friday Night Splash is BACK in 2015
Friday Night Splash sessions are also BACK for 2015. The first session will be on Friday 9th January 2015 from 7 – 9:15 pm
Please come along and join in the fun
CRE8 Art Club Returns for 2015
Bude CATS’ Youth Hub have been in touch to tell us that CRE8 Art Club is making a welcome return in 2015
CRE8 will run at Budehaven School during term time on WEDNESDAYS from 3:30 – 5pm
Please come along and join in the fun and get CRE8ive
Atlantic Tae Kwon Do come to Friday Night Splash
On 12.12.14 Jason King (2nd Dan) of Atlantic Tae Kwon Do, and several of his young students volunteered their time to come to Friday Night Splash to give the young participants an insight into Tae Kwon Do and what happens at Atlantic Tae Kwon Do.
CATS staff were lucky enough to witness the fantastic Tae Kwon Do demonstrations and would like to thank Jason and his students for taking the time to do this for the young participants at Friday Night Splash
First of all, Jason explained the Tenets (principles on which a belief or theory is based) of Tae Kwon Do; Modesty, Etiquette, Perseverance, Self Control and Indomitable Spirit
This was followed by several demonstrations of the skills and moves that a Tae Kwon Do student will learn and young participants from Friday Night Splash were invited to take part and try some of the moves under Jason’s watchful eye
Atlantic Tae Kwon Do meet on Saturday mornings from 11am – 12:30 at Poughill village Hall – The first 2 Saturday sessions are FREE and after 4 sessions studednts MUST formally join the club – if anyone would like to speak to Jason about joining Atlantic Tae Kwon Do or the costs involved, he can be reached on 01288 350 320 or via 07780694067 or email@example.com
Paige shines at 2014 Cornwall Celebrates Volunteering Awards
On 6th November 2014, Volunteer Cornwall hosted the Cornwall Celebrates Volunteering Awards at the Atlantic Hotel in Newquay.
Volunteers, nominators, host organisations and special guests gathered to recognise the achievements of Cornwall’s most outstanding volunteers. Volunteer Cornwall began by saying, “Of course, in our eyes, all volunteers are outstanding but the awards give Cornwall the chance to celebrate the service, dedication and commitment of those whose volunteering has had a significant impact on others”.
In each category, there were two ‘highly commended’ awards and a ‘winner’. The trophies and certificates were presented by the Lord Lieutenant, Col Edward Bolitho OBE and the category sponsor.
Budehaven student and member of Bude CATS’ Youth Hub, Paige Cornish was nominated for the Young Volunteer Award, sponsored by Cornwall College. Paige was nominated by Sarah Van Der Linden from Community Action Through Sport – CATS because Paige has volunteered over 150 hours (and that is just in the last year!) both in school and the community. Paige is always happy to give her time and commitment to others and with a smile!
Paige was shortlisted in the Young Volunteer Award category and on 6th November she was delighted to receive a ‘Highly Commended’ Award.
Well done Paige you really deserve this award as true recognition of the volunteering you do, we’re all really proud of you.
Halloween with Bude CATS’ Youth Hub
Bude CATS’ youth Hub will be running a Halloween party from 6-8pm at the Bude Youth Centre in town on October 31st.
£1.50 entry fee to include apple bobbing, toffee apples, doughnuts, sweets, snacks and drinks
Come dressed up as the best male and female costumes to win a prize
Contact Annie on 07803809845 with enquiries.
Friday Night Splash Participation
ATTENTION all parents/guardians of those young people who participate in Bude CATS’ Friday Night Splash.
If you haven’t already given permission for your child/young person to participate in Friday Night Splash sessions then please do so ASAP. Please ensure that you complete this electronic form (or the paper version of the same) to indicate/record your permission.
Bude for Food
Check out this great press coverage for the young people of Bude CATS’ Youth Hub and their support of the recent Bude for Food Festival – massive thanks to Dawn of Bude and Beyond for helping to spread the word #positiveyouth #positivecommunityaction
You can check out more press coverage singing the praises of the Bude CATS’ Youth Hub young volunteers by clicking the link below
Friday Night Splash RETURNS – 03.10.14
Friday Night Splash is returning to Bude on 03.10.14
Bude CATS and Bude CATS’ Youth Hub are working hard to ensure that this an enjoyable activity for everyone. For those who may not want to go swimming but who would still like to come to the club, there will be other opportunities each week in the side room.
This club is for those in Year 7 and upwards and only costs £1.50.
OTHER NEWS –
What is Bude CATS Youth Hub?
In October 2013 Bude CATS secured £21,496.00 Funding from The People’s Health Trust to support the creation of the Bude CATS’ Youth Hub
The Bude CATS’ Youth Hub will
- Ensure Young People are given opportunities to voice their needs and be supported to be active and heard in their community.
- Enable Young People to meet a broad spectrum of adults and peers from differing schools, making new friends and contacts in their community.
- Support local Young People to feel that they are making a positive contribution to the community – feel better about themselves, more confident, ambitious, determined and become active members of the community.
So far Bude CATS’ Youth Hub have: –
- Set up Cre8 Art Club (Running between 3.30pm and 5pm in B22 at Budehaven Community School.) Everyone welcome! You don’t have to be artistic, you can simply come along and watch. We do something different each week. One week we could be painting, and the next making soap sculptures.
- Established Bude CATS Skate Park Club to provide a regular activity for young people during the summer of 2014. This popular club ran from June 7th until August 2nd every Saturday from 3-5 and Tuesday’s from 3.30pm – 5pm after a member of the youth Hub committee managed to secure a £486 grant from an online organisation called ‘Vinspired’. Skate boards and safety equipment were provided.
- Supported the continuation of Bude CATS’ Friday Night Splash which returns on Friday 3rd October 2014 from 7.30pm-9.30pm. We work hard to make this an enjoyable activity for everyone. For those who may not want to go swimming but still would like to come to the club, there are also other opportunities each week in the side room. This club is by far our most popular activity. Year 7 and upwards welcome for just £1.50.
- Supported the 1st EVER Bude for Food Festival in September 2014. 29 young Youth Hub volunteers gave up their time to support this event and had a fantastic time doing so. Feedback about their efforts from members of the public and the organisers has AMAZING!
We will be sure to keep you posted here about all the exciting things Bude CATS’ Youth Hub get involved with moving forwards!